Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Because F you, that's why

Due to a knee issue I am having I have been MIA from kickboxing for like 2 months. It is devastating. I am so sad and fat. No I'm not really sad, just fat. No fear of the F word here, sistafriends...

I had an MRI Sunday morning so we can get to the bottom of what's going on. So obviously nothing new on that front. Summer was busy, work has been hectic and I've been wedding planning. Needless to say, I fell off the healthy eating trend sadly.

But starting Monday I decided to give it another go. It's not like there's a limit on how many times I am allowed to try, fail and try again right? Meanwhile, I must say I have become a MEAN cook. Trust me when I say 2 years ago I could barely boil water.

My buffalo chicken mac and cheese...is so good....ok but no more of that sadly :(

I decided to pop by and post a recipe I made up that I enjoyed. It's healthy and easy. I'll come back soon and post more but I felt bad with no updates in 2 months! These are great for lunch with some guac. I know it sounds weird but trust me. Low carb and good protein!

Turkey and Black Bean Muffin Tin Meatloaf
1 lb ground turkey
1 egg white (honestly, you can omit the egg, but I added it to mine)
1 can black beans, rinsed in water, then mashed
Pepper to taste
Onion Powder to taste (or fresh onion)
Garlic Powder to taste (or fresh minced garlic)

1) Preheat Oven to 350 F
2) Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
3) Distribute in a 6 or 12 cup muffin tin (I only had a 6 cup so made a few batches)
4) Bake for 25-30 minutes

Store unused portions in fridge or freezer - when you reheat from fridge microwave for 2 minutes. I eat mine with 100 caloric Wholly Guacamole.

I'll be back soon, and when I say soon, that could be Christmas, but maybe not! Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home